Czech in the world. Checkin' the world.

July 8, 2012

Pre-departure stuff, sad and happy

The older I get (feel free to laugh), the less exciting moving to new countries gets. Or at least that's how it feels. Plus this move was different in many ways. I moved to a country whose language I don't speak. I didn't have to arrange almost anything - the organization I'm going to be working for did everything for me, from visas to plane tickets. I just had to pack. My departure was postponed from Wednesday to Friday, I gave up on trying to pack everything in one bag, bought a new pair of waterproof shoes (as it's the rainy season in México), wrote the day of my return in my nieces' calendars, and off I went.
Packed

Marvin and I
I got to the airport with enough time to call my nieces and as I sat down at the first free gate to do that, I saw a man who looked just like a friend who lived in the same building as I did when I lived in South Africa in 2007. "Funny," I thought, "he looks just like Marvin." As soon as I got off the phone, this man is standing next to me saying "Barbora, stop looking so serious." And thus I can officially say that the world is a small place.
Randomly meeting at an airport after 5 years of not seeing each other

No comments:

Post a Comment